Last month I received a bag of giant raisins from my Grandmother. Since then I’ve been coming up with ways to utilize them.
Serving: 26 cookies
½ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup butter
½ cup raisins, chopped
½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375
- Cream butter and sugar together. Crack egg in a separate bowl and add to mixture. Mix until egg is combined. Add nutmeg, salt & vanilla extract. Add raisins.
- In separate bowl sift flour with baking powder. Combine with oats. Add flour and oat to butter & sugar mixture. Mix until dough becomes *crumbly.
- Using your hands form crumbs into a dough ball. Place bowl in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of flour on countertop with cookie dough. Roll into ½ cm thickness. Use cookie cutter for desired shape.
- Place on middle rack of oven and bake for *8-10 minutes. Cookies are done when edges start to brown.
*May need to rotate halfway through depending on your oven.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before enjoying your first bite.