1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 chorizo, thinly sliced
1-cup pasta sauce (I used homemade)
1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Add 1 tsp. oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Add chorizo and cook for 5 minutes or until starts to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add onions. Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Increase heat back to medium-high and add mushrooms. Sautee for 3 minutes. Add pasta sauce and water. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
2 cups water
2 cups milk
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/3 cup cubed butter
Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Bring water, milk, and pinch of salt to a boil in a saucepan. Gradually whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until thickens (stirring often). This should take about 25 to 30 minutes.
- When cornmeal is *cooked remove from heat and slowly incorporate butter and cheese. Cornmeal should be thick and removing from pan. Season to taste.